Tech Training School Parent Teacher Association records
Records include scrapbooks with newspaper clippings, photographs of student events and activities, brochures for events, and certificates. Tech Training School began as the Seventh Street Elementary School and became the Tech Training School (or Campus School) in 1949. It served to educate teachers at attending school at Tech in this role. The building was revamped at a cost of $125,000 in order to serve up to eighth grade. Notable individuals were involved in the PTA, including the Farrs, Barnes, Derrryberrys, Crawfords, Ashburns, and Snelgrove families.
Scrapbooks are fragile. Newsclippings and materials that are tipped in can fall out when handled.
- Creation: 1942 - 1966