Tennessee Tech Sports Hall of Fame inductee, Hooper Eblen, framed medal
Unprocessed Material — Box: 1
Hooper Eblen (1911-1976) started at Tech as the backfield football coach in 1941. He returned to Tech after serving in the Navy for two years in World War II and was named head football coach in 1947. He served as Tech's athletic director from 1962 to 1974. Posthumously, the Hooper Eblen Center was named after him in 1977, and he was inducted into Tennessee Tech's Sports Hall of Fame in 2000. This item is the framed induction medal he received.
Donated by Stephanie Scarborough. Hooper Eblen was her great grandmother's brother. She received the item from his nephew, David Brashears, her great uncle, brother to her late grandfather.
Language of Description
Script of Description
Language of Materials
Metadata Rights Declarations
- License: This record is made available under an Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Creative Commons license. Description and metadata in this record are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. This means that anyone may copy, adapt, and distribute the description or metadata with attribution and not commercially. For more information, see the CC0 license page on the Creative Commons website https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ or contact email@example.com for questions.
- Coaches (Athletics) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports -- Coaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports -- Management Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eblen, Hooper, 1911-1976
- Sports Awards Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- decoration of honor Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scarborough, Stephanie (Person)