Personal Materials, 1920-1984
The Personal Materials series documents Derryberry’s personal life. Materials include correspondence, clippings, speeches, financial records, education records, and artifacts. The series is arranged alphabetically by folder title, then chronologically by creation date. Topics in Derryberry’s personal correspondence often overlapped with his professional life at Tennessee Tech. Correspondence topics include Joan Derryberry’s life in England and trips back to visit her family, Joan’s immigration and naturalization, administering Tennessee Tech during World War II and the expansion of campus after the war, Felix Woodrow Derryberry’s military service during World War II, updates from his Oxford friends and past students, Tennessee politics, social and travel arrangements, Tech’s football and basketball teams, Derryberry and Rew family news, Cookeville Golf and Country Club membership, debts and finances, insurance, prospective students, and retirement. Speech material includes drafts of speeches, and clippings and notes collected to inform speech topics. Clippings document Derryberry’s family, education, athletic accomplishments, and career.
- Canan, Howard Voorheis, 1894-1987 (Person)
- Clement, Frank Goad (Person)
- Crawford, William Hubert, 1896-1982 (Person)
- Derryberry, Bonnie McDonald, 1883-1959 (Person)
- Derryberry, Joan (Gertrude Joan Pitt-Rew), 1906-1998 (Person)
- Derryberry, Felix Woodrow, 1914-1987 (Person)
- Derryberry, Oscar Merton, 1910-1983 (Person)
- Derryberry, Walter Everett, 1935- (Person)
- Dossett, Burgin E., 1898-1993 (Person)
Permission to access architectural drawings or floor plans of existing Tennessee Tech University facilities and utilities will be determined by the Archivist.
From the Collection: 63.5 Cubic Feet (95 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English