Robert G. Whitfield Photograph Album
Photograph album by Robert G. Whitfield illustrates the work completed by the Nashville Bridge Company on bridges in the Gainsboro and Lebanon areas between 1926-1929. Most of the black and white photographs are depicting the construction of the Austin Peay Bridge in Jackson County, Tennessee. Other black and white photographs in the collection show a bridge on the Cumberland River in Lebanon being constructed. Photographs also show life in the camp while the construction process took place. The people shown in these photographs worked on the bridges. In the are photos taken by Robert G. Whitfield while working on multiple other bridges, including the ones in Gainesboro and Lebanon. The areas included Sparta, martin, and Elkton, while also showing bridges between Halls, and one in Historic Double Bridges. While many photos show the basic building of the bridges, there are several of the people and the surrounding areas. Included in the collection are the negative / photographic sleeves in which many of the photos had been kept. They themselves contain information about various parts of the collection. However, they also are interesting in their own right, being that they contain advertisements and information from their original eras.
- 1926 - 1929
- Dailey, Ray (Person)
.5 Cubic Feet
- Anderson, Frank
- Bridges -- Design and construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bridges -- Foundations and piers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cullon, James
- Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dailey, Ray
- Elkton (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gainesboro (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hay, Willard
- J.D. Loftis Garage
- Lebanon (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nashville Bridge Company
- Robertson, J.W.
- Waddell , Raymond G.
- Wash, Perry
- Whitfield, Tom
- Williams, Sam