Hugh W. MacMillan photographs of Alpine, Tennessee
Photographs and silent video of the Alpine community of Overton County, Tennessee, taken in 1935 by Dr. Hugh W. MacMillan. Most of the photographs are labeled on the back with the names of pictured people and locations. A letter from the donor, Jeanette M. Pruiss, explains the context of the photographs and Hugh W. MacMillan's trip to Alpine, Tennessee.
Photographs taken and kept by Hugh W. MacMillan. MacMillan's daughter-in-law, Jeanette M. Pruiss, acquired them after his death in October 1992 and gifted them to the Tennessee Tech University Library. The photographs and accompanying letter from Pruiss were originally housed in a subject file on Alpine created by librarian Christine Spivey Jones.
- MacMillan, Hugh W., 1891-1992 (Person)
- Pruiss, Jeanette Courte MacMillan, 1922-2018 (Person)
.05 Cubic Feet
- Alpine (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Alpine Institute (Alpine, Tenn.)
- Overton County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church -- Missions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus