Tennessee Central Railroad records
One large volume containing records of incoming and outgoing rail cars for Tennessee Central Railroad (1960), one volume of the mechanical department's shop employees time punches (1910), personnel records for various positions at Tennessee Central Railroad (1918-1957), and a ledger of customer purchases from Cumberland Stave and Heading Co. for maintenance (1896-19818). Tennessee Central Railroad operated out of East Tennessee and served Middle Tennessee typically moving natural resources such as coal and minerals. The railway was owned by Alexander S. Crawford and founded in 1884.
The provenance of this collection is unknown. The records have various dates and likely came in on various dates.
The personnel records contain sensitive medical information that could lead to HIPPA violation if accessed.
- 1910 - 1960
- Tennessee Central Railway Company (Organization)
.5 Cubic Feet
- Collins, William Sheffield
- Medical record personnel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personnel records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads--Employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings