Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 57
Documentation of Civil Engineering projects in the Upper Cumberland, consultancies, class notes and tests, articles, photographs and correspondence of Albert A. Cannella's career as teacher, engineer and community activist.
Henry Brooks Algood (1860-1934), a druggist who owned Algood Pharmacy in Cookeville, was the son of Joel Algood, for whom the town of Algood was named. His wife, Frances "Fannie" Crutcher Algood (1862-1936) traveled across the United States purchasing ladies' hats and accessories to sell to the women of Putnam County. This collection contains ledgers, financial records, receipts, and other materials that belonged to Henry and Fannie.
The Herman E. Baggenstoss Collection details the creation of the South Cumberland Recreation Area from its inception as the Grundy State Forest in 1935. Included in this collection are maps, photographs, contracts, reports, minutes, clippings, articles, brochures, studies, statistics, correspondence and memorabilia.
Vivian Barnes attended Tennessee Tech and graduated in 1949 with a degree in accounting. She married H.S. Barnes, who attended Tech from 1936 to 1939. The materials include clippings from the Oracle, Tech’s student newspaper, and programs from different events, such as operas, plays, choral events, and symphony performances from 1935 to 1980, with most of the material dating from 1938 to 1966.
Programs, calendars of events and other ephemera from the Bryan Symphony Orchestra. These are not records of the Orchestra, just records from the Orchestra maintained/collected by the Archives.
Legal papers related to land puchases and transfers possibly for property affiliated with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers construction of Center Hill Lake.
Papers of politician Fred Thomas "Tommy" Burks.
Collection includes monographs, field notes from from various plant surveys in Tennessee, and studeies.
Contains papers and framed memorabilia of the operation and history of the Cookeville branch of the Production Credit Association which served several counties in the Upper Cumberland Region.
Records include correspondence, grant applications, ordinances, inventories, educational materials, minutes, pamphlets, brochures, and a history.
The Dyer Family Business Records date from 1879 to 1929, with the bulk of material dating from 1882 to 1905. The collection is mainly comprised of J. F. Dyer’s appointment books which list the payments made, dates visited, and who was visited. It also contains some of Lex Dyer’s appointment books. The minutes and members of the Board of Putnam County Medical Society is also included, dating from 1903 to 1917.
The Ann Evins papers contain materials related to her civic, religious, and business interests, including correspondence, speaches, directories, ephemera related to numerous clubs and organizations, numerous materials relating to her faith, and articles on topics of her interest. The collection also includes personal correspondence from friends and family, including birthday cards from her daughters.
The Alfred H. Gill papers include numerous team photographs of the TPI football team and reunion photographs. There are four yearbooks, of which there is a letter from "Mary" and the others have a few messages from classmates. There is a photograph from his time at Camp Forrest, Tennessee during World War II and three postmaster declarations signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Repository: Tennessee Tech University Special Collections X
- Correspondence 4
- Deeds 4
- Photographs 4
- Concert programs 3
- correspondence 3
- receipts (financial records) 3
- Civil War 2
- Civil rights movements 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Cookeville (Tenn.) 2
- Folk music 2
- Folk songs, English -- United States 2
- Football 2
- High school students 2
- Pharmacists 2
- Pharmacy 2
- Politicians 2
- Public architecture 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 2
- Upper Cumberland Region (Tenn.) 2 ∧ less
- Evins, Joe L. (Joe Landon), 1910-1984 4
- Tennessee Polytechnic Institute 4
- Bryan, Charles Faulkner 2
- Dickinson, W. Calvin, 1938-2021 2
- Tennessee Technological University. Archives and Special Collections 2
- Tennessee. Board of Pharmacy 2
- Algood, Frances (Fannie Crutcher), 1862-1936 1
- Algood, Henry (Henry Brooks), 1860-1934 1
- Alvin C. York Agricultural Institute 1
- American Library Association 1
- Black, Rose 1
- Burks, Fred Thomas, 1940-1998 1
- Bushing, Arthur S. (Arthur Story), 1922-2008 1
- Byrnes, Frances (Ada Frances Byrne Hensley), 1913-1934 1
- Caplenor, Donald (Charles Donald), 1922-1979 1
- Clement, Frank Goad 1
- Conry, Joe (Joseph), -1959 1
- Conry, Myrtis Leonard 1
- Cooper, Prentice, 1895-1969 1
- Crain-Jager, Sally (Sally Lucile Bonham), 1938-2014 1 ∧ less